Fattoria Lornano

Fattoria Lornano is a boutique family-run winery owned by Nicolo’ and Galileo Pozzoli. It is located outside the medieval town of Siena in the southwestern hills between Castellina in Chianti and Monteriggioni. The winery was built around an old fifteenth-century church. Fattoria di Lornano is a member of the “Consorzio del Marchio Storico Chianti Classico Gallo Nero” and has been since its foundation in 1924.


  • Located in the heart of Chianti Classico, with long ties to the historic appellation
  • Complete overhaul of vineyards, modern cellar and warehouse
  • Sustainable agriculture and respect for the land
  • Excellent value for quality wines made by passionate growers


The Fattoria di Lornano has been owned by the same family since 1904 and currently works with renowned winemaker Franco Bernabei and his son Matteo Bernabei.


The winery is located on 180 hectares (70 planted to wine grapes) in the heart of Chianti Classico about 350 meters (1,148 feet) above sea level in an area featuring calcareous, rocky soil with layers of sandstone, silt and clay as well as marine sediment, rich in minerals. The winery specializes in Sangiovese and has planted about 80% of the vineyards to about 15 different clones. The other 20% is planted to Merlot, Cabernet and a bit of Trebbiano and Malvasia. The winery practices are all sustainable and meant to protect the environment, land and community.



Contact us Wines